- July - September: Partner organizations apply for a Board Fellow project
- Early October (October 14, 2010): Board Fellow Applications Due and Projects Selected
- Mid October: Board Fellow Applicant Interviews
- Late October: Board Fellow kick-off reception & project scopes finalized
- November - April: Board fellows Attend Board Meetings
- November - March: Board Fellows Work on Project
- April: Board Fellow work Completed and Project Presented
Who Should Apply?
Harvard Business School RC and EC students who have a sincere commitment to nonprofit leadership development and a willingness to make a deep commitment of time and energy to project work.
Expectations for HBS Board Fellows
Students should be willing to make the following commitments in order to participate in the Board Fellows program:
- Attend all board meetings that do not conflict with scheduled classes.
- Work with the executive director or board sponsor to hone the project scope, identify key deliverables, conduct analysis, and prepare a presentation of recommendations to the board of directors.
- Complete the project by the first week in May.
- Be prepared to spend an average of 2-3 hours per week on the project including board/committee meetings.
- Provide a complete report of project and recommendations to the organization and Board Fellows leadership team.
- Be proactive in ensuring a positive experience with the organization.
- Keep Board Fellows leadership team updated on progress and potential issues.
- Attend all Board Fellows-sponsored training events.
Application Due Date: Thursday, October 14, 2010 | Please submit applications and inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org